Africa Day 2023

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ABDULMALIK SALIHU
    Participant

Hello, greetings fellow Africans

I just joined this platform a couple of days ago, but given the enormous work ahead of us required the create the Africa of our dream I feel we need more engagement, action, speed and media publicity.

Let’s discuss this..

Godefroid Niyonkuru
    Participant

Thank you so much bro for bringing this topic, to create Africa we want is a lifelong task that we have to dedicate our lives for and work hard toward realizing this dream. As I have been saying nobody else will come to put an end to the problems that Africa has been suffering from since slavery until now except Africans themselves. This is not an ease work as we will have to face the big fishes that want to continue their legacy of domination and exploitation, Africans need to be united to face these former colonizers and tell them that enough is enough we have woken up and you will no longer pray on us as you have been doing before. I am very happy that young Africans have started to realize this, and they are revolting against imperialists. Take the example of west Africa and Gabon recently where this string of coups has been making headlines, these are not mere coups against the puppet’s governments put in place by France but an Africa wide revolt against France exploitation. This continent was beautiful before slavery and colonization; fertile, booming, climate friendly and peaceful but with the arrival of colonizers it began to lose these God given beauty and become so unbearable as we see it today. Whenever I play and replay the speech of king Leopard II of Belgium’s speech in 1883 instructing the missionaries to preach Africans that everything African was satanic, demonic and had to be erased, replaced by the west’s religion I got devasted by the level of cruelty and savage our people went through these times, that is not even the worst, the thing is that this king ordered missionaries to starve Africans, make them do heavy work for them and whenever they complained they were told that you had to be poor for you to go to heaven and you had to suffer for you to enjoy the fruits and beauty of heaven, this was very devastating and heart breaking. What is shocking is that we still have people who believe in this poor mindset here on the continent till now. Africa has to rise up and stand on its own because it has what it takes to do so.

Godefroid Niyonkuru
    Participant

I just want to share with you what king boduin of Belgium said on the Independence Day in DRC in June 1960. This king praised these actions of cruelty that were started by king leopard the second back then in 1800s, continued by the Belgium government at the time till they gave a fake independence to DRC. In his view, what they had been doing in DRC was for the best of Congolese people, to civilize them, build them hospitals and schools, teach them the word of God and so much more as he narrated. It was so humiliating for a king to mask exploitation with development of the country. In contrary, Mr. Lumumba fearlessly opposed this and contradicted what the king said, and this might had led to his death because he could not accept a fake independence. What followed the termination of Lumumba was heartbreaking, the west installed a dictator named Mobutu who ended up even changing the name of Congo to Zaire, the country that Lumumba wanted to turn into a center of development for the Africa become a center of exploitation by the west helped by this puppet’s government. Mobutu served the interests of France and Belgium for 30 years to the expense of its own people who until now continues to suffer because the governments have been changing but the root cause had never been changed, the invisible hand of former colonizers still dictate and dominate everything in the country. Congo is my neighbor; it has never had peace even after Mubutu’death in 1996 because he was removed by the help of neighboring countries who also put Kabila in power for the same interests of exploitation done by Africans this time. So far, DRC has insecurity problems especially in its eastern part where many mines are located, and the government has no control of this place at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.