MONEY

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gustav James
    Participant

Lets talk about money.
    What is money?
    How is it created?
    How does it gain acceptance?

Rise Sun
    Participant

A medium of exchange in which the value is agreed upon by a specific group. As can be seen with the crypo movement it can be created by anyone from anything as long as it has consentual acceptance.
    Trust in it’s value is key.
    I prefer a barter system over a physical currency. Fiat currencies value can be misleading and manipulated created unwarranted profits. However I see the potential of this discussion. Thanks

Gustav James
    Participant

The key point that I want to make here is that African and other developing countries have allowed themselves to be held captive by European and American monetary constraints. African Nations should not borrow American money or European money to accomplish their objectives. As Rise says, acceptance is key. African Nations need to first FREE their currency and then use their fiat currencies to do what needs to be done. That means the currency should not be pegged. Let the currency Free Float.

Arthur Segawa
    Participant

a

Arthur Segawa
    Participant

Money. That’s a great topic. I think we look at money from a western perspective. To “them,” money is the paper that they loan out to the third world and get “real” value for it. So, we have the value they have the printed papers. I also believe you can’t talk about money and not about those who have it and the have-nots (or the so-called poor). But what is poor?
    I have this great story from a Ugandan lecturer, Prof. Innocent Masengo.
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-something-most-people-dont-know-about-Africa/answer/Innocent-Masengo?ch=15&oid=62688450&share=fc8638f5&target_type=answer

Arthur Segawa
    Participant

2/2 From the article, I conclude that money can mean different things depending on your side of the aisle. In the West, it means papers (with the dollar as the supreme paper). But in the so-called Developing world, it’s what one has the value in their land, labor of the hands, and the products the land begets after utilizing it.

Also, money is anything of value acceptable as a medium to obtain goods and services. It should be freely accepted. But we all know too well how western money is imposed on the developing world. And this pegging of currencies gives them value because we know its Afrika has value in its land and peoples. This YouTube might be relevant to the subject as well.

Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.